Sunday, July 8, 2012

July releases to sell your soul for! Muahahaha

Damn, are there some amazing new books coming out in July or what?! Including one of my favourites of 2012, INSIGNIA, which I'm ridiculously excited for you all to get your sticky palms on. I'm not hoping you will buy/borrow a copy, I'm demanding it. So go. Now.

But if you won't take my word for Insignia and the other yummy books coming out this month (don't bother apologising, I'm already offended), read on to see what a few of those crazy cool bloggers in the 'sphere are saying. Some of the below selections are ones I LOVE, some I'm just DYING with WANT to read already!

July's gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme List:

Insignia by S.J Kincaid
Steph from Poetry to Prose says: I love characters, sure, and I grow attached to them, but what I encountered here can only be compared to what I felt with the trio in Harry Potter: inside jokes, familiarity, and a sense of belonging. There were so many moments where I burst out laughing due to their antics (this book is FUNNY!) and even more moments where I began to dread the end of the book. - read her review.
What I say: There wasn't one thing alone that I made me love this book, it was a multitude of AWESOME, all blended together to form one of my new favourite reads. The action and imagination, war and cleverness, comedy and personality; it will appeal to boys and girls, reluctant readers and those with too many books on their to-be-read pile. It has something to suck everyone in. - read my review.

Cold Fury by T.M Goeglein
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository
Melissa from i swim for oceans says: With twists, turns and an ever-unraveling plot, Cold Fury clutches you in the throes of a life-and-death adventure at breakneck speed. You’ll have to hold on tight because it’s one heck of a ride. - read her review.
What I say: Goeglein's writing leaps off the page in a way that is so easy to visualise. Packed tight with a thrilling mystery, explosive action and a heroine who you'll be cheering for until the very last page, Cold fury is an addictive novel. - read my review.

Shadows by Paula Weston
Goodreads | Fishpond | Book Depository
Sam from Realm of Fiction says: What I appreciated most about this book was how astoundingly unpredictable it was. I had a few guesses brimming about certain characters, but never really did hit the nail on the head. There are some great twists lurking within the plot and all of them aid the complexity of the story. After the closing revelations, I am desperate for a sequel. - read her review.
Danielle from ALPHA Reader says: Rafa and Gaby steal the show – or I should say their chemistry steals the show. Their quips and sharp wit come out like claws the moment they cross paths – but their biting repertoire masks a lot of lustful curiosity and delicious possibility. - read her review.

Fearless (Elementals 1.5) by Brigid Kemmerer
Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes and Noble
What Sarah from saz101 says about Hunter: Storm isn’t entirely Chris and Becca’s story, there is another boy very much involved, in the way of Hunter, ‘New Kid’ at school. He’s fascinating, mysterious, and he has a story as heartbreaking, intriguing and important as Chris or Becca’s. He plays a large and important role in Storm, and it feels as though his part may only just be becoming clear. - read her review.
What Kai from Amatersu Reads says about Hunter: Hunter, on the other hand, is a character I still have mixed feelings about. He's got this air of mystery that seems to cling to him all the time and that's one of the reasons why people take interest in him. I still have reservations over him as a character though, he can be a foe or a friend and what frustrates and makes me like him the most is his ability to make the readers come up with conclusions about him, but nothing is really certain. - read her review.

Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository
Zoe from The Zoe Trope says: That her characterisation is deft and beautifully subtle! And her main character – the eponymous Seraphina – was a fascinating, complex and unique creation who captured my heart with her resourcefulness and bravery! - read her review.
Jillian from Goodreads says: There are moments ripe for smiles and laughs, for surprise and gasps, for melancholy expressions and contemplation...and all of it is done in a straightforward yet thoughtful narrative that can't help but play with your heartstrings. - read her review.

Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository
What Mimi from Mimi Valentine says: Tiger Lily is raw and beautiful and heartbreaking and sad. It took my heart, squeezed it into a tiny little ball, then let it fly. Because if you've seen Peter's story, then you know how Tiger Lily's end — and it doesn't end well. But I promise that her story is well worth the read! - read her review.
Kathy from A Glass of Wine says: The ending is bitter sweet and brought both tears and a sad smile. The story packs an emotional punch. A vividly written tale about growing up, falling in love, and finding your own path in the world.  A tale for all those who have fallen in love with Peter Pan, Tinkerbell, and the idea of Neverland. Just don’t be surprised when you fall just as in love with the girl with the crow feather in her hair. - read her review.

Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard
Asher from Paranormal Indulgence says:  I plowed through Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard in less than a handful of hours and part of the reason, besides the characters, is the paranormal aspect of the plot. Zombies coming up out of graves are enough to scare the petticoats off of these Victorian damsels but give them wicked speed and a yen for flesh and blood? Yeah, well, you can expect lots of running around in sheer bloody panic. - read her review.
Blythe from Finding Bliss in Books says: The characters—especially Eleanor—were top-notch and were flawed in their own little ways, but they were still strong, amazing and extremely likable. Right off the bat I knew that I would like Eleanor; she’s stubborn, self-reliant, witty and strong. She knows what she wants, when she wants it, and won’t take no for an answer. - read her review.

Which July releases are you frothing at the mouth to finally get your hands on?!

34 comments:

  1. OMG BRODIE BRODIE BRODIE BRODIE BRODIE!!!

    ALL THESE JULY RELEASES ARE EPIC. I WANT TO READ EVERY SINGLE ONE. FEARLESS COMES OUT THIS MONTH?! I THOUGHT IT WAS IN AUGUST? OMG. I STILL HAVE TO BUY ELEMENTAL. SMH.

    OMG EVERYTHING HERE IS AWESOME. AND TO THINK I THOUGHT AUGUST WAS EPIC BOOK RELEASE MONTH. DEAR LORD. THANKS TO MY MUM, I AM ON A BOOK BAN. TO BAD FOR HER I WILL DEFS BREAK IT. OMG. WHAT IS LOWERCASE RIGHT NOW?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHO USES LOWERCASE LETTERS WHEN HUNTER IS ON THE SCENE?!

      DUDE. I know. July. It's just oozing the booksex appeal. I can't even think about August right now or I might just keel over.

      I'm pretty sure Fearless is July 31st release! YOU MUST TRADE YOUR PRETTY, PRETTY SOUL FOR ELEMENTAL ASAP, MIRIAM. Michael <3

      Delete
    2. DUDE, WHO USES LOWERCASE LETTERS AT ALL? HAHAHA BUT YES HUNTER. SEXY-ROCK WEARING-WHITE STREAK HAIRED-POLICE DOG OWNING- HUNTER. LOL.

      HAHAHA. I WILL TRADE. I WILL TRADE.

      Delete
  2. July is such a good month with loads of amazing releases! I'm going to check out Insignia - I'll take your word for it :) Shadows looks absolutely intriguing and I CANNOT wait to get my hands on Tiger Lily - it sounds like a very bittersweet book and I adore Peter Pan <3 You've actually reminded me to hurry up and read Brigid Kemmerer's books, everyone raves about them and those guys on the covers... ;) I've seen mixed reviews for Seraphina so will probably be skipping that one :(

    Thanks for sharing, Brodie and happy July <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! I so, so, so hope you love Insignia and the Elemental series, both have cemented themselves as FOREVER FAVOURITES of mine :)

      I love a bittersweet, emotional book and every review I read for Tiger Lily promises exactly that. There's something about having your heart torn apart in books that is oddly welcoming :)

      Delete
  3. Oooh, such a great book month! I LOVED Insignia! SO, SO GOOD! Can't wait for Fearless! EEEE! More Elemental awesomeness! Looking forward to reading Seraphina, it sounds really good! I haven't heard of the others, I look forward to hearing more about them!

    The book I'm most looking forward to this month is Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost. It's an adult novel, the first in a new spin-off series from her Night Huntress & Night Huntress World series. And it features good ol' Vlad! And he is awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I CAN'T EFFING WAIT FOR YOUR INSIGNIA REVIEW. You are reviewing, right? You better be :P Sadly I can only recount ONE dragon book I've read, which was Firelight, and now I'm so hungry for mooooore.

      I have heard AMAZING things about Jeaniene Frost's books! To hear that you love that has inspired me to check out the entire series when I have time!!

      Delete
  4. That's so nice how you quoted other bloggers reviews of the books in this post! I'm really interested in reading all of thes books now. Especially insignia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have quite a stalkery love for the book bloggers of the world :D YES. INSIGNIA. READ READ READ READ READ. YOU WON'T REGRET IT!

      Delete
  5. I'm definitely going to be reading Insignia. Already ordered my copy at the library . . . so I hope my copy gets here ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY, ERIN! You know I'm gonna be stalking your Goodreads updates when you start reading :D

      Delete
  6. I just finished Seraphina - it was awesome. I literally have no idea how to write my review! And Insignia sounds so, so good, I really can't wait to read it! Read a lot of good things about Tiger Lily too - so many great books to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO insanely happy to hear you loved Seraphina. Those books that leaved you floored when writing your review speak volumes enough!!

      Delete
  7. Gimmmeeeee~! Fantastic post! Thanks for sharing these awesome releases, Brodie! I have some looking into to do -glasses flash- Hmmm...wonder how much my soul's worth this month...

    Vivian @ Vivaciously, Vivian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buahahahaha the soul trade business is quite a pricey one and sure, you run the risk of turning into Voldemort, but sometimes a book is worth the risk, don't you think? ;)

      Delete
  8. insigia/ seraphina. i want alll
    neeed alll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I HEAR YOU! Seraphina *grabby hands*

      Delete
  9. I just got Seraphina in the mail for review, and I'm so excited to read it! Also, Tiger Lily is like at the top of my wishlist. It seems like everybody and their mother has fallen in love with it, and I love retellings, so...I WANT IT NOW!!! Lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. Seems many of my favourite bloggers have received/have been reading Seraphina, which means amazing reviews to follow that will likely have me running out the house naked to grab a copy. I KNOW what you mean about Tiger Lily!! I swear that book is stalking me around the blogosphere. And the whole retelling trend lately is one I am firmly supporting :)

      Delete
  10. Insignia sounds SO good and a trio that can rival the HP trio???? This I *have* to see!! Hadn't heard much about Tiger Lily until a couple of days ago, but everyone seems to rave about it. Cold Fury sounds omg amazing. I hadn't heard of it before but now I NEED it.

    Cait x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG. Cait. It's TRUE. I mean, no one will EVER trump Harry, Ron and Hermione for me. But the gang in Insignia are just... EXACTLY what I've been looking for in my Potter absence. Steph NAILED it when she wrote her review <3

      YES. Cold Fury is FANTASTIC and I love the heroine! Strong, badass, yet still so normal and easy to relate to.

      Delete
  11. Well, uh, I'm *NOT* selling my soul, but: ASDFAGHDFAKHFDJA. ME. WANT. NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOOOOOOOOOOOW. ESPECIALLY Fearless. Can Brigid do ANY wrong? THE ANSWER IS NO. NO SHE CAN'T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I know. I KNOW. You can't sell your soul when it's already been robbed from your pretty, pretty self. I swear I didn't do it with ill intentions, I JUST LOVE YOU SO MUCH THAT I NEVER WANT TO PART WITH YOU AND NOW I DON'T HAVE TO!!!

      FEARLESSSSSSSSSS!!!! NO. AUTHOR GODDESSES CAN NEVER DO ANY WRONG. EVER. And double the Hunter with Fearless and Spirit? I am ALL for that.

      Delete
    2. Oh my goodness... it's almost as good as there being twins... almost... it's just that Hunter's not Gabriel :P

      Delete
  12. Oh... Tiger Lily. I want it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes and YES. I really hope Australia are publishing it locally, if not... BOOK DEPOSITORY, I GO.

      Delete
  13. TIGER LILY and fearless I WANT!!! I like Hunter a LOT!!!!



    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HUNTER!!! I am really fascinated to learn more, more, more about him. I love that there's still so much mystery about him to explore and he's just... well, AWESOME.

      Delete
  14. Eeeeek! So many amazing books! I loved Shadows (thanks for featuring my review!) and also really liked Something Strange and Deadly. :) I can't wait to read Tiger Lily after all the positive things I have been hearing.... And guess what? I started Insignia recently and I am LOVING it! I love how nerdy it makes me feel. It's hilarious! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAAAAAAAAAAAAMM!!!! INSIGNIA. I DON'T HAVE TO HATE YOU *SQUEE* Man, I was cracking up laughing at some parts and I mean, I LAUGH at some things in books, but it's been a while since a book has had me with tears in my eyes :) And it's just so AWESOME. SO EXCITED FOR YOUR REVIEW.

      Delete
  15. Oh my goodness, BRODIE I HEART YOU SO MUCH!! I'm a little breathless with happiness to see a snippet for my review up there -- that's SO SO SO sweet of you! *tacklehugs* Hehe, but don't you think that it's DEFINITELY other bloggers that always sell us the books?? I never would've picked Storm up without your gushing. And then I wouldn't be this excited for Fearless, which would be a sin! x) I want to meet fearless Hunter again just to see him finally get the girl :')

    I love this feature, Brodie! Let's have fun getting broke trying to get our hands on all these x) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MIMI! How could I not quote your review?? I'm not sure I've seen you that excited and gushy over a book before!! <3

      YES. Seriously, book bloggers are my primary source of discovering what I should and shouldn't read. I love how enthusiastic we all get over books we freaking love and that is INFECTIOUS. Aw, I am SO happy to hear I helped encourage you to read Storm! Hunter so deserves to get a girl and KEEP her. I was torn while reading Storm, but I do prefer Becca with Chris, so ladies... Hunter is free and looking! :)

      Delete
  16. Insignia sounds great but I was wondering how it was reading from a 14 year old POV? I read your fab review a few months ago but I've gotten how you related with him althogh I remember you LOVED it; you even said it's a 2012 favorite of yours! Cold Fury looks GOOD :D Something Strange and Deadly certainly looks interesting... I hope you love all these July releases when you get your grabby little hands on them!

    ADORE YOU! <333

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG! I suck. I just realized you totally quoted my review in this! *HUGS* Thank you so much. I hope you love Tiger Lily when you get a chance to read it.

    Very excited to read Fearless (and Spark as soon as it comes out too).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates